December is a great time to threat yourself and get familiar with something new or to refine existing skills. Find below list of upcoming online events, I believe most of them worth to attend.
- Secure Software Requires the Right Tools. Synopsys cybersecurity expert Jonathan Khudsen will tell about classes of tools work best for locating vulnerabilities and how to use them in the context of product development. Date and time: 13.12.2016, 2:00 PM ET. Free, registration required.
- The Future of Test Automation: Leading Experts Share Their Vision for 2017. Test Automation gurus Dave Haeffner, Jim Evans, Simon Stewart and Brian Jordan, about to discuss emerging trends, skills, and best practices that will shape your testing environment during 2017. English language. Date and time: 15.12.2016, 10:00-11:00 AM PST. As usual, event is free but registration required.
- HP invites to discover a HPE User Behavior Analytics, some kind of enterprise DLP (data leak prevention) system with fraud-assessment abilities. Russian language. Date and time: 16.12.2016, 11:00-12:30 (MSK). Free, but registration requried.
Selenium is a famous tool and framework which allows you to automate your web-applications testing: record, edit and execute tests.
Selenium consist of two major parts, which can be used independently or in a cooperation, depending on your project needs:
- Selenium IDE — a Firefox browser add-in with GUI which allows you to do simple record-and-playback interaction with the browser
- Selenium WebDriver — a framework (API) libraries, which allows you to develop and run tests directly from your IDE
Selenium is open-source software distributed under Apache license (so it’s royalty-free) and has wide community support with addons and guidances.
All this makes Selenium good to use in various kinds of projects, includes commercial.
If you’re about to quickly start with automation some of your manual test cases, you’re on the right path.
Watch the following videos to get familiar with Selenium IDE to record users actions and give a result in minutes. Then we’ll enhance the abilities with the Selenium WebDriver.
Selenium IDE — Record, Play & Expand
Selenium WebDriver — Feel the power